Frequently Asked Questions Regarding CFBN Events:
1. I am a CFBN member, don't I get into all events for FREE?
- While we appreciate your support of and involvement in the Network, we cannot, unfortunately, offer free registration to all events. Registration fees help to cover the costs of venues, food and beverage, and related event expenses. However, as a CFBN member you will receive a 50% discount off the non-member general registration rate.
2. How do I register for an event to access the "CFBN Member" discounted (50% off general registration) rate?
- To take advantage of the discounted CFBN member registration rate you must be: 1) a CFBN member with an active membership, 2) logged into your CFBN account (forgot your login - email us for assistance). Once logged in, simply click on the CFBN Member registration type and follow the prompts.
3. Can I register a guest at the "CFBN Member" discounted rate?
- Where allowed, the system will allow you to input ONE (1) guest registration with each valid CFBN member registration at the same rate. If you need assistance, please email us for help and we can assist with registering your guest.
4. How can I access discount codes or "free" registration listings for an event?
- If you have received a discount code or complimentary registration code via an email or contact, you can choose the correct registration type and enter the code when prompted (please note - all discount codes are case specific). If you did not receive that offer but feel that you might meet the criteria for the designation, please email us for help and we will do our best to see if the discount is applicable. Please note, most discounts are offered to specific industry members based on CFBN membership designation or affiliation with sponsor companies. We CANNOT offer free registration to all members at all times, and generally do not offer discounts or free registration to non-members.
5. What if I just show up to the event - can I just walk-in?
- We always recommend registering for an event in advance as our events frequently sell out. SOLD OUT events will generally NOT allow any walk-in, day-of registrations. Most events held at member venues will also require pre-registration to be added to building security or admit lists - so please assist us with making this a smooth process and ensuring you and all of your guests are registered in advance. PLEASE NOTE: walk-in registration, when available, will always be charged at the FULL GENERAL REGISTRATION RATE (no discounts will be applied).
6. I can no longer attend the event, how do I cancel? How do I receive a refund?
- We are happy to assist with cancelling your registration and process a refund for your full registration amount if you are able to provide us at least 48 hours notice.
- If you cancel with less than 48 hours notice, we will happily release your spot to the waitlist, but cannot offer a refund. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation!
7. I can no longer attend the event, can my colleague take my place?
- Event registrations, made by corporate members, can be swapped within the same company with at least 24 hours notice. Individual registrations are non-transferrable at the member rate. Please email us and we would be happy to assist with the change.
8. The Innovation Breakfast always sells out so fast, can I just show up?
- We would appreciate it if you would please pre-register for events. We have limited space at our events, including the Innovation Breakfast, and we want to ensure that we have enough seats and refreshments for the guests who have paid to join us. If you need assistance with getting registered, or want to check on your waitlist status for an event, email us - we are happy to help!
9. I am a CSIFT member, where do I find my discount code to use for the member rate?
10. How do I access discount offers for Industry Events?
- Some of our industry partners and member companies offer event discounts or registration rates throughout the calendar year. When available, we try to note the available offer in the Industry Event Listings. All codes, links, or special access notes are then posted in the MEMBER BENEFITS section of the Member Perks area of the website. You must be a CFBN member with an active membership and be logged into the website to access this area. If you need assistance with your login or accessing this area, please email us for help. If you have specific questions about an industry event being offered, please reach out the organization or company offering that event - they will best be able to answer your questions.
11. What is the recommended dress code for CFBN events?
- All CFBN events are business casual unless otherwise noted.
12. Do you serve a meal at the event? What is available if I have allergies?
- Unless specifically noted (such as in our half day or full day conference events) a meal is NOT provided during most CFBN events.
- Most morning events typically offer coffee and alternate beverages, as well as light refreshments such as pastry, bagels, etc..
- Most afternoon/happy hour events typically offer beer/wine and alternate beverages, as well as light refreshments such as chips, dips, light appetizers, cookies, etc.. These are not meant to be a meal and meant for a small snack while you are joining us!
- While we do try to have several options (vegetarian, gluten free, etc..) available in our snack offerings, if you have a specific allergy or dietary restriction, we always recommend planning ahead and grabbing something to eat before you arrive. Unfortunately we cannot accommodate all requests.
- If we are offering a specific meal option (boxed lunch, etc..) please email us for assistance with accommodations for your specific dietary request.
13. Do you take photos or have photos available from your events? Do you record your events? Do you supply presentations from your events?
- We take a limited number of photos to share via social media and on our website. You can view our photo gallery from events to see what we have to share. You can also check out our Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn for more updates, links, and photos from events.
- We do not typically record our events. Periodically we are able to offer a LiveStream from the event, and the link is shared with all registered attendees on the day of the event. Post event, these recordings are shared with Members in the Meeting Resources section of the Member Perks area.
- If a speaker or presenter has a presentation deck they are comfortable sharing, we will email these to all registered and confirmed attendees post event. We also post these for members to access in the Meeting Resources section of the Member Perks area.
14. How do I become a speaker or panelist for a CFBN event?
- We generally invite experts and thought leaders from member companies and partner organizations to present and be involved in our panel discussions. If you would like more information on becoming a member to become active in the Network, you can read more about Membership HERE. If you think that your services or area of expertise might be useful at an upcoming event, you are welcome to reach out to our Events lead via email, and we will be back in touch if an opportunity fits. Thank you!
15. How do I host an event? Become a Sponsor? Or suggest a topic or idea for a future event?